Everyone is Welcome
Once more, with enthusiasm …
TKD seeks to create an environment where everyone in the community feels welcome to participate and contribute.
We encourage everyone to audition for roles in our productions, regardless of your level of experience on stage. Our casts frequently include a wide diversity of ages, ethnicities, talents and skills.
The only thing we really demand is enthusiasm!
The Haunting of Hill House
Adapted for the stage by F. Andrew Leslie
Based on the novel by Shirley Jackson
Director: Sarah Campbell & Dennis Hart
Out of caution we are asking that actors auditioning be vaccinated.
- Monday, August 23, 6:30-8:30pm
- Tuesday, August 24, 6:30-8:30pm
- Wednesday, August 26, 7:00pm
Begin August 29
Oct 8-31 (Fri/Sat @ 8pm, Sun @ 3pm)
No one lives in Hill House for long, but they all agree; it should be burned to the ground. A professor and three others set out to investigate the old house to determine what strange events, if any, are happening inside its walls.
- ELEANOR VANCE | (20-40) After caring for her recently passed mother for many years, Eleanor escapes the bonds of her oppressive family in hopes of finding her place in the world.
- THEODORA | (20-40) Invited because of her sensitivity to the unknown or otherworldly, Theodora embraces life and relishes impulse.
- MONTAGUE | (30+) Having looked for a house truly seeped in the unknown, Dr. Montague was elated to finally find Hill House. Here he will use his and others’ findings to publish a paper, proving the existence of such places.
- LUKE SANDERSON | (18-50) An heir to the family who owns the house, Luke is there as a representative to ensure the doctor does not overstep his bounds, even if he would like to burn the place down himself.
- MRS. MONTAGUE | (30+) No proof of a realm of spirits is needed for Mrs. Montague who is armed with devices designed to communicate with beings beyond the veil and her desire to discover the truth where her husband cannot.
- ARTHUR PARKER | (40+) Accompanying Mrs Montague as her driver, Arthur is a dedicated headmaster who admires her discipline.
- MRS DUDLEY | (40+) The caretaker of the house, Mrs. Dudley accompanies the guests inside and keeps the house maintained and guests fed during the day… only during the day.
No monologue is necessary. The audition will consist of cold readings from the script.
A headshot and resume are recommended but not required.
Please bring a detailed list of conflicts from Aug 29 – Oct 31.