Everyone is Welcome
Once more, with enthusiasm …
TKD seeks to create an environment where everyone in the community feels welcome to participate and contribute.
We encourage everyone to audition for roles in our productions, regardless of your level of experience on stage. Our casts frequently include a wide diversity of ages, ethnicities, talents and skills.
The only thing we really demand is enthusiasm!
A Doublewide, Texas Christmas
Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope, Jamie Wooten
Director: Candace Moore
Out of caution we are asking that actors auditioning be vaccinated.
- Saturday, October 16, 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Sunday, October 17, 6:30pm,-9:00pm
REHEARSAL START DATE
- HAYWOOD SLOGGETT | (M 70s) Loving family grandfather type.
- NORWAYNE ‘BABY’ CRUMPLER | (M 40s) A big, happy guy. Loves Texas and has a war going with raccoons.
- NASH SLOGGETT | (M 40s) Man of mystery. Only comes in at the end of the show. He’s a ladies man. Let’s just leave it at that.
- BIG ETHEL SATTERWHITE | (F 60s) fun, loud, happy she is an LVN at the nursing home.
- GEORGIA DEAN RUDD | (F 40s) spunky, waitress looking for love and a good tip.
- LARK BARKEN | (F 20s) Oregonian, nature lover and total granola, young mother.
- PATSY PRICE | (F 60s) a Junior Leaguer gone sour. Classy but bitter.
- JOVEETA CRUMPLER | (F 40s) The only really sane one of the bunch. Mayor of Doublewide. Stressed out, bad back
- CAPRICE CRUMPLER | (F 70s) Advertises caskets by being the dead body. Makes her daughter, Jovetta, nuts.
No monologue is necessary. The audition will consist of cold readings from the script.
A headshot and resume are recommended but not required.
Please bring a detailed list of conflicts for the next 3 months.