Everyone is Welcome
Once more, with enthusiasm …
TKD seeks to create an environment where everyone in the community feels welcome to participate and contribute.
We encourage everyone to audition for roles in our productions, regardless of your level of experience on stage. Our casts frequently include a wide diversity of ages, ethnicities, talents and skills.
The only thing we really demand is enthusiasm!
The Man From Earth
Directed by Sarah Campbell
Runs: May 17 – Jun 2, 2019
Rehearsals: begin April 14, Sun-Thu at 7pm (subject to change)
- Saturday, Mar 30, 2:00 pm
- Sunday, Mar 31, 2:00 pm
- JOHN OLDMAN – about 35 years old, professor of History
- DAN – professor of Anthropology
- HARRY – professor of Biology
- EDITH – professor of Art History
- SANDY – works in the History department, John’s girlfriend
- ART – professor of Archeology
- LINDA – a young student, dating Art
- WILL GRUBER – about 75 years old, professor of Psychology
- MOVING MAN #1 and PARAMEDIC
- MOVING MAN #2 and COP
*It is possible for females to be cast in some of the “male” roles.
*Age range of the “professors” can be anything from 35-65 depending on auditions.
- No monologue is necessary. The audition will consist of cold readings from the script.
- A headshot and resume are helpful but not required.
- Please bring a detailed list of conflicts for April-May.
After history professor John Oldman unexpectedly resigns from the University, his startled colleagues impulsively invite themselves to his home, pressing him for an explanation. But they’re shocked to hear his reason for premature retirement: John claims he must move on because he is immortal, and cannot stay in one place for more than ten years without his secret being discovered.
Tempers rise and emotions flow as John’s fellow professors attempt to poke holes in his story, but it soon becomes clear that his tale is as impossible to disprove as it is to verify.
What starts out as a friendly gathering soon builds to an unexpected and shattering climax.
Acclaimed science fiction writer Jerome Bixby, writer of the original ‘Star Trek’ and ‘The Twilight Zone’, originally conceived this story back in the early 1960’s. It would come to be his last great work.
“The Man From Earthrestores dignity to science fiction of the mind.”
—Michael Guillen, Twitch (www.twitch.com)
“A tall tale … that ends with a devastatingly clever twist.”
—Michael Janusonis, The Providence Journal