[title of show]
Music and Lyrics by Jeff Bowen, Book by Hunter Bell
Directed by Courtney Woolard
Music Director: Braxton Kiser
Runs: Sep 2-18, 2016
- Saturday, Jul 9, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
- Sunday, Jul 10, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Seeking 2 females and 2 males who can play an age range of 25-40.
- Jeff – (bari-tenor) Jeff is the composer/lyricist of the team. He's quick-witted, funny, afraid to get his hopes too high as the team begins to achieve success. Must be comfortable being shirtless on stage for a brief period of time.
- Hunter – (tenor) Jeff's book-writing partner. He's also quick with the quips, pretty profane, and is open in his desire for their show to be a hit. He must also be comfortable being shirtless on stage for a brief period of time.
- Heidi – (soprano/belt) Jeff and Hunter's actress friend, recruited to help them write their musical. Fun-loving, kind, very talented – but hasn't had her big break yet. Must be comfortable being shirtless on stage for a brief period of time (in a bra).
- Susan – (alto/belt) Jeff and Hunter's actress friend, also part of the team. She has a "corporate whore" day job that is killing her, and she longs to make theatre her full-time job, but can't handle the uncertainty of it. Funny, quirky, sarcastic. Keeps her shirt on.
- Prepare 16 bars in the style of a contemporary pop musical, comparable to [title of show]
- Bring the accompaniment; an accompanist will be provided.
- Bring a current headshotshot and resume.
- Bring a detailed list of conflicts for July/Aug/Sep.
Callbacks will include selections from the show and will be scheduled by appointment.
[title of show] is the story of Hunter and Jeff, "two nobodies in New York," who are writing a musical with the help of their gal-pals Heidi and Susan. Throughout the show we get to know the four with their goofy quirks and inside jokes, as they put together something they all believe in.
[title of show] is a love letter to the musical theatre—a uniquely American art form—and to the joy of collaboration.
Biting and witty, clever and inspiring, vulnerable and hilarious ... this edgy musical comedy chronicles the serious and hilarious challenges of following one's dreams.
"silly, sassy, inspired"
— Entertainment Weekly
"terrific. a kick-ass time!"
— New York Daily News
Please join our "actors" email list for notification of auditions.