I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change
Book & lyrics by Joe DiPietro
Music by Jimmy Roberts
Directed by Doug James
Musical Director: Melony Dodson
Runs: February 13-March 1, 2015
- Sunday, December 7, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Monday, December 8, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Callbacks: Tuesday, December 9
Seeking 2 women, 2 men.
Calling all musical theatre character performers! This fast-paced, hysterical musical has 4 actors playing around 12-14 characters each. We need two men and two women. Ideally there would be an older couple and a younger couple but not required.
- Prepare 32 bars of sheet music to an uptempo song. If you have 16 prepared, that is fine, but we would love to hear 32. Remember this is a character-driven show so try to choose something that shows vocal flexibility paired with technique.
- Prepare a one minute monologue that you will perform as two completely different characters. We are hoping to see you be able to take the same text and transform into two different believable characters. If you do not have a monologue of your own, feel free to use this one.
Call backs will consist of music from the show and cold readings. Please get yourself used to that music as well. Dress prepared to move. We will not be dancing, but we will be doing a small characterization workshop. Hope to see you there!
The second-longest running Off Broadway musical. Nominated for the Outer Critics Circle Award as Outstanding Off-Broadway musical in 1997.
This celebration of the mating game takes on the truths and myths behind that contemporary conundrum know as 'the relationship.' Act I explores the journey from dating and waiting to love and marriage, while Act II reveals the agonies and triumphs of in-laws and newborns, trips in the family car and pick-up techniques of the geriatric set.
This hilarious revue pays tribute to those who have loved and lost, to those who have fallen on their face at the portal of romance, to those who have dared to ask, 'Say, what are you doing Saturday night?'
"Hilarious! The most entertaining show on or off Broadway!"
– Gannett Newspapers
"If this show were a blind date, you'd feel relieved, grateful and pleasantly surprised."
"So smartly conceived...catchy tunes and witty lyrics."
Auditions will held at the theatre, 319 N. Gay Street [directions]. Please bring a headshot or recent photo, if possible. Resumes are helpful but not required.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Please join our "actors" email list for notification of auditions.