The Last Five Years
by Jason Robert Brown
Directed by Denia Kirk
Music Director: Melony Dodson
Runs: Feb 12-28, 2016
- Saturday, Nov 28, 3:00 pm- 5:30 pm
- Sunday, Nov 29, 6:00 pm- 8:30 pm
Seeking one female and one male who can play an age range of 25 - 40.
- Prepare 36 bars in the style of a contemporary pop musical, comparable to The Last Five Years.
- Bring the accompaniment; an accompanist will be provided.
- Bring a current headshot and resume.
- Bring a detailed list of conflicts beginning in December.
Callbacks will include selections from the score and will be scheduled by appointment.
An emotionally powerful and intimate musical about two New Yorkers in their twenties who fall in and out of love over the course of five years. The show's unconventional structure consists of Cathy, the woman, telling her story backwards while Jamie, the man, tells his story chronologically; the two characters only meet once, at their wedding in the middle of the show.
"I can't think of any better way to celebrate the arrival of spring than by spending 90 exhilarating minutes with The Last Five Years, Jason Robert Brown's giddily sorrowful eulogy for a brief marriage."
"It's instantly clear […] that this poignant, richly dramatic and piercingly honest two-character show is destined to be a hit."
—The Chicago Sun-Times
"Jaw-dropping! A gem of a show from Jason Robert Brown."
—New York Magazine
Please join our "actors" email list for notification of auditions.